My fireteam's blind raid progress (no spoilers) (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, October 14, 2017, 14:24 (2408 days ago) @ Chappy

There's already some debate over two different approaches to one of this raid's encounters. I'd be curious to know how your blind team solves that one :)

This is fascinating to me. I'd done that encounter 3 or 4 times by the time I raided with you, and felt that the OTHER method (the one your group doesn't use) was trivial to implement, and pretty rock-solid. I'd read your description here on the forum, of your technique, and I remember thinking "that is just SERIOUSLY complicated, and unnecessarily so." But as a 6th to an existing raid group, I knew better than to argue - you do what you're told when you join a group that already has strats. And as I told you after completing the section, my opinion changed; your way wasn't more convoluted - it just sounded like it was. It worked fine. I still questioned how necessary it was, though - my experience with you has been that you settle on the most efficient techniques, always, and the other way seemed pretty efficient, so...

Two nights later, I ran the raid with a different group, and went back to the more common technique. And we failed, more than half a dozen times, for half a dozen reasons. (We eventually nailed it, but not before NOT nailing it, a lot.)

So I'm once again revising my opinion - not only is your method not more convoluted, it's probably objectively better. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread