No mention of Redeem's use of Wardcliff Coil glitch (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Friday, October 20, 2017, 07:56 (2393 days ago) @ Korny

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-19-destiny-2-prestige-raid-world-first-awarded-to-team-which-used-glitch

The first team to complete the prestigious raid used the Wardcliff coil infinite ammo glitch (probably not the only group). I guess Bungie did not want to bring this up and "stir the pot" anymore since they are on everyone's chopping block for their dislike of the game. I understand that this was not the glitch they implemented the check for, but that does not make it a "Worlds First" valid completion of the raid IMO.

=P

Fortunately, only the neckest of beards care, and there was nothing at stake other than getting to say that you did something in a game slightly sooner than someone else.

Only the neckest of Beards... this reply itself was worth posting to get THANKS!

If something tangible was up for grabs, I'm sure that Bungie would have laid some serious ground rules about what could or couldn't be done (including an explicit "No glitches, period" rule), and yeah, people could then start to criticize the clan's actions, but as it is, it was just a fun little challenge for people. There's folks out there still blind-raiding, you know.

This is true! I have little dogs in this fight, and no one likes little dogs. Except Paris Hilton. I guess I need to stop holding my moral standards as high for a video game. I would like to think if a solid DBO team was in the running for 'World's First' in any activity, we would try and do it without glitches, regardless of the actual reward. Some may disagree, but I would rather complete it in second without glitches, than first with. But again, little dogs in the fight.

Bungie did acknowledge the complaints elsewhere, though and listed the first three so that you could pick the one that you assume didn't "cheat", and lob meaningless praise their way, for whatever it's worth to ya.

I did read that response as well, reddit I believe. And I agree, its rather meaningless. If this were the first blind raid, I would hope that they would not just give us the top 3 and let us decide.

BTW Glad you are feeling better. The Guantlet has that effect sometimes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread