Are guided games working? (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, October 28, 2017, 17:37 (2372 days ago)

Every time I look at a guided games menu it seems like the wait for a seeking player would be exorbitantly long. I just tried one tonight and learned that the entire waiting period Has to be sat staring at your ship in orbit. It seems like I could really benefit from letting you do other things while you wait. Even if it was just being in the tower and patrol, it would at least feel less onerous. That’s a pretty tall ask for a wait time that’s estimated to be longer than 45 minutes (which seems to be the maximum It can display).

I’m somewhat surprised. The LFG sites back for destiny one seems to have a roughly balanced ecosystem but it seems like guided games are very lopsided based on these wait times that I see.

Is it because of the clan requirement? That seems like the most likely culprit to me based on no actual information. There were a few times when I thought I could use a guided game system to fill in a third person for the nightfall but the person I was playing with wasn’t in a clan with me. That seemed like a lost opportunity for everyone.

Has anyone had success as a seeker?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread