Spoooooky Sonic Levels (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, November 02, 2017, 14:05 (2367 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I should fire up the Genesis.

What did you record this from? The 2D sonics are in 16:9, where they should be in 4:3. It's definitely stretched (look at the box next to your life total). FYI.

You missed the scariest thing from the 2D sonics! Behold the creepy hidden screen:

Well, everything was recorded on the PC, except for the Heroes videos(ironically, my PC is too advanced) and Shadow and Sonic 06, for obvious reasons.

The stretchiness is my doing—even though yes, it's supposed to be 4x3, I play 16x9 by default—it "tricks" my brain into pretending it's hi-def.

And you know what? I completely forgot about the sound test secrets from CD. If there was a spooky/scary level in it, there was a good chance I might have rediscovered that little gem. I looked it up though--the message in Japanese just says "Fun is infinite with Sega Enterprises. Majin."

0.o

I'll tell you what's scary as hell! That Egg Reverie Pinch mode for when you're low on rings! That terrifies me so fucking bad I get too scared to even turn around in my chair! Like I KNOW someone's sneaking up behind me to cut my face off! If I could create a controlled scenario where I could defeat Klepto and King with a low amount of rings, I definitely would've put that in there! Scares the hell out of me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread