No gameplay balance changes announced :( (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Friday, November 10, 2017, 17:55 (2371 days ago) @ FyreWulff

I have a feeling after the controversy over changes changing in between the internal communication and final build, I sort of suspect they'll probably say "changes are coming" and then we find out what they are the day of the patch.

I'm just looking for them to say whether they're happy with the PvP gameplay right now. Because it favors scouts so much, it results in pretty un-fun games of very slow, team-shoot oriented play. Pulse grenade is far too strong. Hunter dodge is very weak compared to titan walls and warlock rifts. A lot of nuance of advanced gameplay from D1 is completely gone (mostly talking about advanced movement) and bad spawns often decide a game more than gunplay or lane control does. I like the changes to supremacy, but I want more communication from the pvp team.

Another thing that irks me is that they keep saying "MIDA isn't OP, there are other guns that are more effective that the community hasn't found yet." I hate that. If you have intended design in terms of loadouts or weaponry that the community hasn't found yet, then you didn't signpost them properly or they aren't working how you think they are. I guarantee every gun has been tried and tested for viability by top players at this point.

Lastly, some bugs with guns need to be fixed, the sub-machinegun that deals higher damage at extreme range than close up. It's not gamebreaking, but it is problematic.

Regardless, I would like to see someone talk about the state of pvp in the game. If bungie is happy with it, then I'll know I can give up on D2 pvp. If Bungie is addressing the issues that I see as problematic, then I'll keep trying the new patches.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread