Toot Toot! All aboard the *OT* Train! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 19:09 (2348 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Anyway...Yes.

• Swordplay has no right to be as enjoyable as it is.
  • This is a game where I really can explore every area to my hearts content, but it's so large that I'm always finding something new, 72 hours of elapsed play time later.
  • It's freaking pretty. More games should add weather. It's just really adds to the ambiance of a space.
  • Sexy time on a unicorn.
  • The Side quests are as Enjoyable as the Main quests.

Lots of people really seem to dislike the combat in The Witcher 3. Like you, I found it to be quite enjoyable. It's not necessarily super engaging all the time, but it was rather fun, and engaging enough on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty.

The world of The Witcher 3 really is special. It's gorgeous and detailed and real in a way that very few games are. I highly recommend turning most of the HUD off, especially the mini map. It helped make exploring that world a real joy for me. On my later playthroughs, I actually got into the habit of walking everywhere (oftentimes literally walking, not running). The world is just that engrossing for me.

Also recommend the 2016 Prey Reboot. It's good stuff.

I really enjoyed that demo they put out for it, but was just too busy with other games to buy it. I'd like to get around to it at some point, for sure.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread