Since We're All Doin' This Criticism Thing... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 11:54 (2347 days ago)

I really don't have a lot. I've found D2 a lot of fun to play and hope it continues providing fun for a long time like D1 did. If I could make changes though, here's what I'd want:

Stop dropping piles of duplicate guns and armor on me.

I absolutely do not want to go back to random rolls on guns. I think it was a system that made it very hard to properly balance certain weapons and was a system that seemed to cause technical issues with guns from time to time. (Like Fusion Rifles or Shotguns occasionally doing the exact opposite from what the perks said.)

That said, returning to the tower and offloading then deleting the same guns over and over isn't much fun. It's gotten to the point that I dread cleaning out my postmaster because there is almost never anything there worth my attention.

What I'd like to see is something more clever than just having random guns and armor thrown at me. Wouldn't it be neat if you could do something like designate a Foundry you want to earn guns from or mark an armor set that you have a piece of as the set you want to work towards?

End result, I'd rather have a small number of meaningful drops that I work specifically towards than having to delete dozens of guns per play session because they are all duplicates of something I have.

Re-calibrate the Supers Timer

I'm basically ok with grenades and melee taking as long as they do to recharge. A small 25%ish reduction in recharge time would be nice but isn't like critical or anything. But Supers... only getting one per match in most matches is a pretty big drag. If you screw up your Super or miss you don't get another one right now.

I'd like to see the recharge sped up by another 50% or so. What I'd be targeting is earning 1.5 Supers by default per game with most players earning 2 and players or teams doing really good getting 3.

Make Iron Banner Great Again

It needs some twist beyond swapping Shaxx for Saladin. Oh, and let us directly buy the gear over multiple weeks... this random drop stuff is not working.

Nerf the Pulse Grenade.

'Cause, seriously...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread