I'm concerned (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 01, 2017, 08:41 (2346 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Does not have slow down. I know it sucks that this is needed for the game to work properly in this area, but since I have one, I was able to get a public event that ended there, and I had zero issue this time. Figured I would pass the info along.

Yeah, I was trying out the D2 trial on a bone and was surprised by how... wonky some of it is on Xbox (also heard from Chappy, Squid and them that there are some weird Raid bugs as well that are absent on PS4, such as the invisible player thing). The only place on PS4 where there is slowdown is the Witch Ritual (Witchual), whenever Supers get spammed (them Orpheus Tethers). Nice to see that the Xbone X fixes y'alls issues, but it might be a bad sign for the base console moving forward. I hope the X doesn't become the standard requirement...

About how long they're going to string base consoles (XB1 more so than the PS4) along with sub par experiences.

Yeah. On PS4, Lawbreakers has a stutter on the base console that is consistent enough to mar the entire experience. Fortunately, literally nobody plays it, so there's no real harm done to players who haven't made the upgrade to a Pro. But I can only imagine how it would perform on an Xbone.

On the flipside, Horizon Zero Dawn is a game that should obviously tax the base console, but other than longer loading screens, you'd be hard pressed to see any dip in performance at any point, so it's really the developers who fail to optimize or cut the right corners to get the game running fine. That said, I remember when Bungie tried to do this with Destiny 1 to get it running on the Xbone, but Microsoft put its foot down to stop getting <1080p ports of games. Seems like Bungie's made huge steps on their end to have Destiny 2 looking so great, with only the minor issues that seem to crop up here and there.

Totally with you, though. Premium consoles should not be the standard. They should have bonuses and neat perks, but they shouldn't be required to get a full, smooth experience.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread