What the . . . Transmat Mods (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 08, 2017, 06:48 (2367 days ago)

I just learned you can trade in three blue Transmat Mods to Amanda to get a purple.

Cool!!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, December 08, 2017, 07:09 (2367 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

What the . . . Transmat Mods

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, December 08, 2017, 07:20 (2367 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Do you get a random one or an upgraded one?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 08, 2017, 08:42 (2367 days ago) @ unoudid

A random one. It’d have to be because the purple ones are completely different than the blue ones, aren’t they? It’s not like gear mods where they’re the same but add a power increase.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, December 08, 2017, 08:47 (2367 days ago) @ cheapLEY

A random one. It’d have to be because the purple ones are completely different than the blue ones, aren’t they? It’s not like gear mods where they’re the same but add a power increase.

Not really sure. I haven't looked at the transmat effects at all TBH. I checked DIM and I have a few stacks I can turn in tonight to test it out.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 08, 2017, 10:18 (2367 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I just learned you can trade in three blue Transmat Mods to Amanda to get a purple.

You couldn't have posted this 6 hours earlier? :(

Last night, just before going to bed, as a way to clean out my vault, I deleted 30+ transmat effects. First time I ever sharded one of those - I did them ALL last night. :(

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 08, 2017, 10:32 (2367 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I’m sorry. ):

I’ve just been deleting them as I get them since a week after launch. ): Also, this isn’t a new thing with the update—it’s been possible since launch, the game just literally never tells you about it, and since there’s never a reason to visit Amanda, it’s highky unlikely most would just stumble upon it.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 08, 2017, 10:35 (2367 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m sorry. ):

I’ve just been deleting them as I get them since a week after launch. ): Also, this isn’t a new thing with the update—it’s been possible since launch, the game just literally never tells you about it, and since there’s never a reason to visit Amanda, it’s highky unlikely most would just stumble upon it.

Yeah, wasn't really blaming you - just amazed by my incredibly poor timing.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, December 08, 2017, 11:36 (2367 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m sorry. ):

Wow. I've never seen this either. Do you have to have 3 of the SAME mod for it to show up? It might be that I've never had 3 of the same one.

Yeah, same mod

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, December 08, 2017, 12:09 (2367 days ago) @ stabbim

Just checked

Yeah, same mod

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, December 08, 2017, 12:14 (2367 days ago) @ ZackDark

In DIM, if you have three of the same transmat effects they show up with a yellow box around the stack indicating you can upgrade them.

Yeah, same mod

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, December 08, 2017, 18:23 (2367 days ago) @ ZackDark

Welp, that explains it. I often delete the ones I know I'm not going to use right away. It's totally plausible that I never had a stack of 3, and even if I did, the chances that I visited Amanda during that (probably brief) window would have been very low.

You Don’t Even Have Your Raisins Anymore, DO You?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, December 08, 2017, 13:47 (2367 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Still have 'em.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, December 08, 2017, 16:27 (2367 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

So... Amanda too??

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 08, 2017, 12:46 (2367 days ago) @ cheapLEY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stabbim Wow. I've never seen this either. Do you have to have 3 of the SAME mod for it to show up? It might be that I've never had 3 of the same one.

ZackDark Yeah, same mod. Just checked.

If I am understanding this right, what has been described has been something you could do with Banshee-44 since launch. 3 Blue Mods of the same type can become 1 Purple Mod. Dismantling a Purple Mod becomes a Mod Component. Mod Components are used to buy other Purple Mods from Banshee-44.

So... Amanda too??

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, December 08, 2017, 12:51 (2367 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stabbim Wow. I've never seen this either. Do you have to have 3 of the SAME mod for it to show up? It might be that I've never had 3 of the same one.

If I am understanding this right, what has been described has been something you could do with Banshee-44 since launch. 3 Blue Mods of the same type can become 1 Purple Mod. Dismantling a Purple Mod becomes a Mod Component. Mod Components are used to buy other Purple Mods from Banshee-44.

I can't tell if you are can't believe people haven't figured this out because it's exactly like Banshee-44 or if you are just figuring out that Banshee-44 does this too...

So... Amanda too??

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 08, 2017, 12:56 (2367 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I can't tell if you are can't believe people haven't figured this out because it's exactly like Banshee-44 or if you are just figuring out that Banshee-44 does this too...

Key word "too". I mean, it's cool that you can do it with Amanda as well, but... I don't understand the general reaction. Lucky 10,000?

[image]

So... Amanda too??

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, December 08, 2017, 13:10 (2367 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Key word "too". I mean, it's cool that you can do it with Amanda as well, but... I don't understand the general reaction. Lucky 10,000?

[image]

Anytime anyone uses XKCD to explain something it makes me all warm inside.

So... Amanda too?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 08, 2017, 13:44 (2367 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I guess I don’t understand why the reaction is surprising. No one knew you could do this. It’s not amazing that it’s possibke, but it’s neat, and you think maybe the game would bother to let you know about it. The difference is that you go to Banshee all the time, and there is literally no reason to revisit Amanda after you figure out that she doesn’t sell anything interesting. Most people figured that out after the first weekly reset, and it’s pretty unlikely that anyone would have 3 of the same blue transmat mods at that point.

So... Amanda too?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, December 08, 2017, 14:13 (2367 days ago) @ cheapLEY

.....and it’s pretty unlikely that anyone would have 3 of the same blue transmat mods at that point.

Someone didn't buy $100 worth of Eververse stuff week 1 apparently.....

Completely kidding (I'm sure some people did though). There really is zero reason to go visit her. I'm just glad to know this is a thing we can do though. time to trade in some transmats

SGA: Amanda also now offers "Athena Victorious" Sparrow

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, December 08, 2017, 19:28 (2367 days ago) @ unoudid

.....and it’s pretty unlikely that anyone would have 3 of the same blue transmat mods at that point.

Someone didn't buy $100 worth of Eververse stuff week 1 apparently.....

Completely kidding (I'm sure some people did though). There really is zero reason to go visit her. I'm just glad to know this is a thing we can do though. time to trade in some transmats

I wouldn't say that there is Zero reason to visit her, especially in the upcoming future she may have an increasing role. I learned in Destiny 1 whenever there is a decent sized update to check in with each and every different vendor and character(s) that you can interact with, in order to see what has or has not changed.

I noticed after the Curse of Osiris Update that Amanda now offers the Rare grade, red color themed, Sparrow "Athena Victorious". This was the promotional Sparrow that retailer Target was giving away in conjunction with Kellogg's PopTarts purchase (or vice-versa).
It was also given away in Europe to customers with the ISP Virgin Media who also receive their broadband fibre service (can't recall if there was also an EU pre-order bonus that used this Sparrow too or something like that).

So... Amanda too??

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, December 08, 2017, 18:21 (2367 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I don't think it's either one. I think Insane read too fast and didn't realize we were talking specifically about Transmat effects, rather than armor/weapon mods. :)

*Click*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 08, 2017, 19:13 (2367 days ago) @ stabbim

I don't think it's either one. I think Insane read too fast and didn't realize we were talking specifically about Transmat effects, rather than armor/weapon mods. :)

OH!

...LOL!

Well shit. >‿<

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, December 08, 2017, 18:03 (2367 days ago) @ cheapLEY

huh. I knew you could do this. Some podcaster (I don't remember who) mentioned in the first couple weeks that he was grinding for transmat effect drops becuase three blues could be upgraded to a purple. There is a pattern but as far as I know the purple version doesn't have anything to do with the blues you get it from

So! ... Uh ...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 08, 2017, 19:18 (2367 days ago) @ cheapLEY

What do purple TRANSMAT mods do differently then blue ones?

So! ... Uh ...

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 08, 2017, 19:33 (2367 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

What do purple TRANSMAT mods do differently then blue ones?

They don't do anything differently. The purple ones are just more rare, and are the "cool" ones (The Cabal drop pod one, for example). Use the preview function the Bright Engram to see which are blue and which are purple.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread