He is right about the reskin/old weapons (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 13:17 (2372 days ago) @ TheeChaos

For me at least, its adding extra sting to the mix. One of the worst moments for the new expansion for me, was getting a Telesto from the new Xur engram. A new ENGRAM/CONCEPT in a new DLC in a Sequel game, and I get a gun that I could have cared less about in D1. If they want to bring back old guns, that is awesome and I support that. However, to me, it feels like a way to buffer "new content" numbers, instead of, like, "new content" or whatever that is. Add the old guns back, but don't lock them behind a DLC. They aren't new. I already had to pay to RNG unlock them once.

Totally (well, besides the "could have cared less" screw-up. It's "couldn't have cared less"). If they're bringing forward items from the last game, they shouldn't be DLC locked, and honestly, they shouldn't be nerfed (Jade Rabbit sucks now, is objectively worse by design, and the exotic perk apparently doesn't trigger on bosses like it should, as just one example).

I am still holding out hope that Destiny 2 becomes the game we all want it to be, but for now its fun to get on and play with friends. Its no place to live for me, as far as games go.

Yeah. It's fun enough, but the huge decrease in content was bound to hurt it, and Bungie could have headed it off by making sure that the existing content had depth, but as Skill Up explains, they simply phoned it in, and the neat ideas were executed in a very shallow way, so the end result is just an objectively weaker product than even Vanilla was (it's not "more Destiny", it's "objectively worse Destiny").

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread