It depends on which faction is running the forums (Criticism)

by Durandal, Saturday, January 13, 2018, 19:10 (2317 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Destiny seems to suffer from lots of factions arguing over the "correct" game. D2 crucible is a direct result of all the high end players complaining in D1. The changes now are the direct result of the COD crowd realizing that they can't quick scope themselves to victory and hating Bungie for it.

My gripes are comparatively minor in that respect. I had fun in D1 and D2. I'll probably have fun in D3, if I still have time to play at that point.

Really, aside from PVP I hope D3 finally has the world class RPG world to explore. That whole "see this, you can go anywhere" promised in that long ago reveal, populated with interesting NPCs you can actually do things with out in the world.

If they get that right, I don't care if they just stuff Halo 5's MP modes in and call it a day.

I still think there is a strong group at Bungie that views Destiny not as a RPG light shooter, but as a Halo game. It's content is constantly equivalent sidewise to Halo 3, with a similar number of levels and MP maps. They really need to go out and redo their benchmarks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread