A non-answer from someone who has read said poetry. (Destiny)

by OS_Epsilon, Thursday, May 17, 2018, 00:38 (2194 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Oh god, someone is reading my mind again.

If Bungie doesn't I will personally have a fit about it. Not only have I read Malcolm's MOTS poetry but I have read the extras he wrote for general Destiny. It's all the most amazing poetry I've ever read with allusions to ancient concepts like "Quicksilver Messenger", Apollo, etc. The imagery is amazing. Byf and Moonvald did a wonderful job reading it for my now shut down project too. You've never heard Byf reading like he did for Mars in particular.

Basically the poetry is split into 14 poems- 2 for each of the 7 Spheres. One heavenly day, one hellish night. The heavenly spheres are about victory and hope, the hellish spheres speak of death and sorrow. This concept of pairs, I believe, is heavily carried into the core of the music as well. Let's just say Marty is brilliant.

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that no matter what, if Bungie releases MOTS, the poetry WILL COME OUT! The bad news is that if not by Bungie, it will be a 730 day wait for Malcolm's contract to allow him to release it. Basically, as a poet who publishes anthologies of poetry as paid books, he wanted to be able to include MOTS poetry in collections. The deal was that 2 years after the release of MOTS, he can do that. That means that once MOTS comes out, the clock starts ticking for us to release it and use it for the community to enjoy.

I really want people to try to pressure Bungie into doing this so we can release the Byf/Moon recordings sooner. It's important to my soul and my heart, which are both very passionate about all of Music of the Spheres as I am sure you all know by now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread