Advice on load outs (Destiny)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, May 17, 2018, 08:42 (2181 days ago) @ Kermit

Because of their raid-specific perks, definitely use the raid gauntlets and raid class item (with an element selected that matches your subclass). I'd recommend the raid boots as well, unless you're a nightstalker (in which case wear Orpheus Rig). Helmet and chest piece as desired, since those raid perks are less useful. Helmet or chest is a good place for an exotic.

For weapons, keep it simple when blind - go in with your favorite legendary gear that you're most comfortable with. You don't want to be fighting a gun you hate using just because it's one point higher, and you probably already have your favorites infused as high as they will go. Bring some elemental weapon mods and glimmer; you might want to change those once you see what elemental shields are in use.

As for exotics, the season 3 meta is still a work in progress. Personally I went in blind with the following exotics in my inventory just in case (of course you can only equip one).

All of these are gathering attention in Season 3 as being powerful tools

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread