Trespassing (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 08:48 (2187 days ago) @ Malagate

But of course nobody else in the story / game ever mentions their thoughts on Calus… so there's no context at all. You'd think the Vanguard would be curious or something, especially with his agent in the tower. It doesn't help the story when past events don't influence the present.

Well, the agent is supposedly embedded undercover, right? It's a clandestine thing, for him to be "recruiting" our services. Otherwise, there should be some kind of rapport between Calus and the Vanguard. And, by extension, the Traveler.

But, to your point, right here is where I think the chosen format for presenting the Destiny experience snags a little. We have no interplay of characters whenever there is new information presented. There's little in the way of causality of the larger narrative, if one can really say there is one. We have...embellishments on bits of canon we already knew existed; but nothing really matters, because nothing changes. All content is self-contained in discrete chunks, so no chapter of DLC depends on any other. Context feels tenuous at best.

This is true, but Calus is kinda a new player isn't he? I mean we didn't really know much about Cabal royalty, heck I don't think we still do. And he was cast out of the higher circles of Cabal politics right? I could be way off on that though. So he kinda is a new player in this whole thing. This is our first experience with him.

We do know that he's got his own vector though, right? His purposes are not the Cabal's; nor are they the Traveler's. He's ultimately in it for himself; he just wants to use our power as Guardians to achieve his ends. Which is why there's no relationship established with the Vanguard. Or at least that's how I understand it.

M

Ohh I get it now. We can't tell the Vanguard about him because… we don't speak! :-p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread