State of Decay 2 (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 28, 2018, 09:50 (2170 days ago) @ cheapLEY

How are you "supposed" to deal with Ferals? I've only killed two, and I ran both of them over with my SUV.

They're fast, but only marginally more resilient than a regular zombie. If you have some distance between you, a few shots should bring one down. The issue is that they can close that distance quick, and they're pretty scary at melee range, so you can imagine how your situation can go from 0-100 in the dark.

Now if you want scary... I cleared a house out in the dark, and when I climbed into my car and turned the headlights on, a Juggernaut came into view through the darkness. Noped HARD in reverse (They will wreck your cars quick).
I wish I could link the clip, but the stupid Xbox isn't uploading any of my State of Decay videos.

If you have game pass, I definitely recommend the game. If you don’t, it really is hard to sell someone in it until it goes on sale.

It seems like the supported the first game well (just judging from what I've heard, as I never played it), so I hope to see the same here.

I will say that if you put aside the five year dev time and way bigger budget, this game is pretty much what I would have expected/wanted in a sequel to the first, so it definitely helped to have tempered expectations. This is a really fun game at launch, with plenty to do, so at least in that regard it's better than the steaming pile that is Sea of Thieves.

Haven't done any co-op yet, but I definitely want to check that out, as the lack of it is honestly the biggest complaint that I had about the first one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread