Very excited, slightly underwhelmed, yet really happy!

by VAVA Mk2, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 19:43 (4079 days ago) @ Wilshire2

I agree with this. Based on the week long buildup we had that required a coordinated effort of the fanbase, I was hoping to get a bit more than we did today. I am still excited and have full faith in Bungie, but I guess we will have to wait a bit longer to get more details. I suppose it is mostly impatience on my part, but I can't wait to find out more about this new world!

Well this really did not show much except a brief few seconds of actual in game FPS view for us. Other than that, us hardcore fans have already seen the leaks and legal documentation leaked by Activision about this series as evidence during the trial they had with Infinity Ward. We already knew quite about of detail about the basic design of the game and their 10 year plan going into today so this really was just a confirmation of their new IP and just a few morsels for us to eat until later. You know the Bungie way...give us a few things to salivate over and give us bread crumbs over time, gradually more and more. I am excited....my big hope...as stupid as it sounds, though....is that they got rid of the horrible reticule bloom mechanics that they put into Halo Reach. Sage Merril, the sandbox designer of Reach, made a crap game in Shadow Run because of that, then messed up Halo with his horrible implementation of weapon bloom (so much that Halo 4 made great strides to fix that and let the community know they did). So my hopes are the sandbox feels great again :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread