Picked up No Man's Sky a couple of weeks ago... (Gaming)

by slycrel ⌂, Saturday, August 18, 2018, 10:06 (2100 days ago) @ CyberKN

It's not a "game" so much as countless pieces of a game, and tons of "moments".

This is strangely accurate way of putting it.

I've played NMS on and off since launch, and intend to put more time into it as they continue to update it. I've always been pretty fond of it.

I just wish there weren't certain quest steps that involved waiting for a literal, real-world timer to tick down.

I'm in a similar boat here. The moments are what make this game. It's about wonder, exploration, and cause-effect consequences.

I spent some time at launch enjoying it as much as a tech demo, as a programmer interested in generated worlds. The exploration was fun, if a little repetitive.

I jumped in 6 months ago again and played around with bases and vehicles, which were also fun. (And spent a few hours in the hardcore mode, which is no joke, I think it took me hours just to repair my starter ship and launch it) Never did buy a freighter, it was just ridiculously expensive -- after 60 hours of gameplay I was maybe halfway to buying one. Sounds like that's changed now.

Next has improved just about everything in the little I've seen so far. Multiplayer, 3rd person, interacting with others, revamped resource system (and I assume rep is changed as well), different tech tree... it's what TTK was to destiny 1 from what I can tell. I look forward to going deeper into this rabbit hole.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread