I have purchased an internet. What do I do with it? (Off-Topic)

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, August 30, 2018, 00:40 (2074 days ago) @ Funkmon

Is your TV a smart one or a dumb one? I personally disregard most of the smart features on mine, but there are some benefits. Let's me keep control of my personal accounts separate. That depends on preference, though. Those I run via a Chromecast, because it is convenient. Also makes YT and music sharing easy at parties.

Beyond that for the living area I just keep the Quatro and the Bone, conveniently on a HDMI switch. Really convenient to have all the gaming on one port and having it be smart enough to know which one I just turned on. I'll have to upgrade if I ever decide to use my Switch in a mode other than handheld.

All the other IOT stuff I've been considering is security related. Having a chat with anyone stopping at your front door regardless of where you are is kinda an enjoyable thought.

But you mention services; there is always the standard Netflix, but there are more niche streaming services popping up on the regular - e.g., Shudder which is a new-ish service if you like horror. Amazon Prime stuff is pretty easy to access, too when you get down to it. Especially if you already would benefit from a Prime Membership.

I refuse to make specific suggestions on services, that usually just starts fights where I'm from.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread