Paging lore experts... Raga... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, September 02, 2018, 17:51 (2083 days ago) @ Oholiab

There is almost no lore relating to the 5th race, but I believe it does still exist and is not the Taken. I’m going to speculate that Forsaken DLC 3 “Penumbra” is going to be our first real hints to the 5th race. Our best hint at the Darkness so far are these notes from Cayde-6 in his Treasure Island book that came with The Taken King:

There's no bounty. No Hive. I'm out in plain sight. Sky is torn open and there's nothing and nobody left in this ruined world but me and the boiling shadow all around. Whatever it is hits me before I can level my gun. Doesn't matter. Tendrils of pain crawl over my splayed fingers, my outstretched arms, my shoulders, my neck, my screaming mouth as it consumes. I'm being enveloped. Everything is wrong. Primordial. My systems go sideways. All but my sensors. It wants me to witness this, the world.

There’s also this from Ghost Fragment: Awoken 3. I believe this has something to do with the initial transformation of the Awoken when the Darkness attacked:

Fear. That’s the only vivid memory left in me. It’s the moment when my fear was so thick and urgent that I gave up breathing. I stopped pretending to think. How I remained on my feet was a mystery, because the terror was bearing down on me, like a mountain about to crush my soul.

But I have to ask, “What was terrifying me?”

Darkness ruled the sky. The world around us had shattered, and it seemed vanishingly unlikely that we would outlive this one awful day. Yet the fear didn’t come from the surrounding mayhem and despair. The source was inside my skin. I was utterly terrified of my own awful nature.

That’s all there really is for now, but given the Dreaming City and this original idea about the Awoken’s creation from the “Awoken” Grimoire card...

It is said that the Awoken were born in the Collapse, descended from those who tried to flee its wrath. Something happened to them out on the edge of the deep black, and they were forever changed.

...I’m sure we'll learn more relatively soon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread