The Awoken and the Vex? (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 07:55 (2081 days ago) @ Ragashingo

What I'm seeing is Vex architecture and Awoken architecture share a scary amount of similarities. In places I wouldn't really expect. Across two games. The big question is... why? The only relation between the Vex and Awoken that I can recall is that Mara and Uldren Sov knew where the Vex's Black Garden was and knew how to get in... But then... "Everyone knows where it is!" as Uldren says...

My Rampant Speculation... The Vex are somehow the future remains of the Awoken that has come back in time to try and calculate their way out of a failed timeline...

As always, I'm last person to jump into the lore pool but I still like to dip my toe on occasion.

My only issue with your theory is the paradox of vex time travel. You could make any argument, then make a conclusion that supports that, or a conclusion that rejects that.

If your theory is correct, then when did that happen in the vex timeline? Does it matter? Could it be changed? Is there a single moment where Awoken became Vex? Could Vex change the timeline to effect that moment? Since the Vex DO exist, that moment obviously happened. And since they exist already, that moment could never be undone? Since the Vex can control time, any imaginable scenario is possible.

We have Exo, which are basically shells for human consciousness. Can Awoken be transferred to an Exo? If not, did Awoken create the Vex to continue their consciousness? If so, what went wrong? Vex are a hive mind, doesn't seem like a good option.

I also don't know "things"...but you said "rampant speculation" so...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread