343 finally made good (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Friday, September 07, 2018, 14:00 (2060 days ago)
edited by Avateur, Friday, September 07, 2018, 14:46

I said I'd do it if they did, so here I am. Master Chief Collection actually works. It's everything it should have been (give or take playlists, see below). Go play it. You can even choose not to install bloatware (H4 campaign)! But you have to install H4 MP if you want to play some social playlists. And for real, I feel like nearly every complaint I had about this busted game has been fixed. So just go play it! Then never buy another 343 title again, because they still can't be trusted to get stuff right or make a quality product, and this is the definitive final Halo game you should ever need.

And with that, I literally have but ONE complaint! My only MCC complaint at this point is regarding the playlists/gametypes. Team Snipers with pistol secondary and grenades. Real smart. And yes, I'm aware that's how it was way back in the day. Bungie eventually figured their shit out, though. Why are we repeating the stupid? Many maps that demand BR starts don't have them. And my favorite: BTB with H1, H2, and... H4? H3 has its own BTB list. Why? Get H4 the fuck out of there. Terrible game, terrible maps. If anything, put H4 in its own place if you just HAVE to have it in there. You can't veto or vote for maps/gametypes anymore, so I don't get why you'd put the least Halo game of all the Halo games into a BTB hopper and isolate H3. But yeah, it wouldn't be a 343 game if there weren't really dumb things happening from 343, so at least we have consistency even after all these years.

Regardless, go play this thing. Or don't. MW2 is finally backwards compatible if you want to relive the CoD glory days from 2009 and on. D2 got that new expansion out, as you all are quite aware. But MCC is totally a viable option now, even when I thought all of this was BS and it wouldn't be. Do the thing! This should be the last thing I ever have to say about the MCC. Have fun everyone! :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread