O Hai (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Friday, September 07, 2018, 14:42 (2061 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Oh hello there! It's been a long time! Destiny 2 was pretty... soulless. I had planned on doing this whole write-up regarding its "story" and writing and even how the gameplay itself faultered so hard in many ways. Even had a ton of it written. But then I thought, what's the point? You know? Bungie's clearly not getting it, and isn't gonna get it. Just gotta wait for the new IP and hope that #codywaswrong and that the new IP isn't some F2P microtransaction bullshit type of product.

So I mean, I popped into D2 occasionally. I never got all the way through CoO, and it left such a bad taste that I haven't done the Mars DLC that I paid for. lol

I did play Crucible plenty! Not all of it on my own account. I just couldn't get invested. Was I good at it? Yeah. Was it fun? I mean, sorta. It was just so freaking soulless. Just going through the motions. Nowhere near as fun as D1's. Trials sucked compared to D1's, too.

I really enjoyed the Leviathan Raid. Eater of Worlds was fantastic. I haven't done the second Raid Lair. I've watched buddies do Whisper of the Worm, but I haven't tried it myself. I think it looks amazing and I can't wait to get there. But I'm not buying this expansion yet. Waiting on reviews and for actual non-knee-jerk responses to kick in. Fanboiz be fanboi-in, but is it really good? I'mma sit and wait and let time tell me. I've been MCCing and MW2ing. I've been Overwatching and playing my Switch. I'm hearing some very interesting and good things about this D2 expansion, and I am genuinely looking forward to getting back into playing. BUT I may just wait until November when it will surely get knocked down to $20 or less. Why pay $40 to buy D2 getting back to D1 when it should have already learned from and carried so much of D1 with it at launch? Gotta vote with that wallet, right?

I still don't hate Destiny. I've stopped caring about the universe. Even the fantastic lore doesn't do much for me anymore considering that there's practically no story in the present. Who knows. I'm making a lot of sweeping statements and judgments without knowing if Bungie's got major plans that are working their way along, or if there's just never gonna be a payoff. I'm just not going to invest myself heavily. But I would really love for the gameplay to find that soul. D1 was a blast to play. I want that blast back! So I'll be popping back into the D2 gaming scene eventually here. I'm not at a loss for hobbies. Real life is plenty busy and awesome. Other games and consoles have some amazing stuff going on. It's a great time to be a gamer in general! :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread