Hard drives (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 02:41 (2077 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by stabbim, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 02:45

And this is where YMMV. Toward the end of when I had a 2TB drive, I was sitting around 75-80% full, and I'd already cleared out anything I wasn't planning on playing. I really need to be at the 3-4TB range in order to not be worrying about space. If you're not like me in that way, an SSD might be doable for a decent price.

Also, it occurred to me that I should try to make it 100% clear for anyone following that my current external drive is an especially slow one that I'm sticking with due to a need for space and a shortage of recreational spending money. Back when I had my other external drive, I would consistently load faster than people who were using the standard internal drive. So, external mechanical drives which are a speed improvement DO exist. Not as much as an SSD of course, but I don't want to give anyone the idea that any non-SSD is necessarily going to be a speed downgrade when that's not actually true.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread