Paging story experts, Part II [Forsaken Spoilers] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 12:21 (2056 days ago)

*** POST INCLUDES SPOILERS FOR THE FORSAKEN CAMPAIGN, AS WELL AS THE ACE OF SPADES QUEST ***

As a few people have noticed, the surface-level plot of Forsaken has some similarities to the story of Dregen Yor. Not much to get worked up over, IMO. It's a classic plot that's been used countless times.

However, during the final portion of the Ace of Spades quest, we discover Cayde's Will, in the form of audio recordings that Cayde has left behind to several major characters. One of these messages is addressed to the Drifter. And what he says to the Drifter is very interesting. He says "You did warn me running with you would put a target on my back.", implying that the Drifter has no shortage of enemies. Nothing surprising so far. He also takes a crack at the Drifter's appearance, saying he used to be handsome. Also innocent enough on its own. But then Cayde says "getting that (Gambit) up and running means coming out of hiding and giving 'you know who' another shot at you. Hope i was around to see THAT showdown. Personally, my money was on the guy with the golden gun."

According to the story as we know it, Dregen Yor (a Titan) was killed by Shin Malphur (a Hunter). When we put all of Cayde's comments together, it starts to paint a picture; That the drifter has been in hiding, and that he's in rougher shape than he used to be (Yor was corrupted by Darkness, which supposedly effected his appearance, and then he was thought killed by Malphur, which could have left a mark as well), and that he's been hiding from a Hunter who would supposedly want "another shot" at him.

Am I reading too much into this? Or is Cayde saying what I think he's saying; that the Drifter is Dregen Yor?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread