Crucible is fun! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 14, 2018, 22:40 (2071 days ago)

I'm not an experienced enough Crucible player to really be able to dig into why, but I really enjoy the new Crucible.

For context, I very strongly disliked D1 Crucible--it was too chaotic, and I was bad at it. I liked D2 Crucible more. It felt closer to my Halo roots, and I was okay, but still not great, and I ended up not playing it very much.

Korny and I only played four games tonight, but I had a blast, and I'm eager for more. I only saw a single Graviton Lance, and I never felt like I was getting killed out of nowhere. I saw such a huge variety of guns being used. Hand cannons, shotguns, bows, fusion rifles, auto rifles. I think I saw one of everything at some point.

I experimented with using a bow. It's fun, but I'm bad at it. I used my Go Figure with an IKELOS shotgun for a bit, and that worked extremely well. Go Figure works very well. But then I found my true love of a loadout. The Toil and Trouble shotgun with Smoothbore (this thing has some range), and Trust. It really is the Service Revolver replacement I was hoping it was. Trust rules in the Crucible. It's just a blast to use, and it hits harder than it feels like it should.

How hare folks feeling about Crucible now? I was hesitant to see a return to 6v6, but I think it works well with the weapon changes and the variety I saw tonight.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread