THAB 9.20.2018 (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 16:02 (2065 days ago)

The Weekly Update is now live.

First up is the EGX in Birmingham, UK, where they'll have a panel and meet and greets. The panel will also be livestreamed.

Developer Meet and Greets
Virgin Media, Destiny 2: Forsaken Stand
Friday, September 21, 5:15 PM BST
Saturday, September 22, 11 AM BST

Discussion Panel—Building the Dreaming City
Friday, September 21, 4 PM BST (8 AM PDT)
Livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/egx

There are some words about World's First, both from the fireteam and the designers.

Next Tuesday, Breakthrough will make its way to into the game, along with new maps designed specifically for the gametype.

At the beginning of each round, players will fight to capture a central zone. Once the zone is captured, your team will deploy the Breaker. As players work to deploy the Breaker, the zone can be contested, resulting in an epic tug-of-war between the two teams. Once the Breaker is captured, it will be used to assault and hack the enemy team’s Vault.

If you hack the enemy team’s Vault, you win the round. If you fail to hack the enemy team’s Vault within the round time limit, you lose. If you are in the process of hacking the enemy team’s Vault when time runs out, you will enter Sudden Death until you either hack the Vault, or the enemy removes all your progress.

It will be a featured playlist for a week, then enter rotation in the Competitive playlist.

Map previews:

Equinox:
[image]
Firebase Echo:
[image]
The Citadel:
[image]

And the Playstation exclusive, Gambler's Run:
[image]

This weekend offers two events. The first is another free Gambit preview for those without Forsaken, and the other is Double Valor for the weekend.

Player Support Report follows.

I'm particularly happy about this one:

Fixed an issue where the mission “Homecoming” weapons—Traveler’s Chosen, Origin Story, and Last Dance—could not be dismantled or transferred to the vault

I used Spark of Light on my Warlock who I hadn't played at all on Xbox, and she's been stuck with those weapons in her inventory. I'll be glad to get rid of them!

Also of note:

Since the launch of Destiny 2: Forsaken, we have heard player feedback regarding the aggressive drop rates of the Edge Transit Grenade Launcher. Our investigation has confirmed that this weapon is dropping more frequently than intended, and we are pursuing a fix for a future update.

I saw the suggestion on reddit to change Edge Transits reload animation to simply throwing the thing away and pulling out a new one. It would be funny!

And also this:

Under-levelled Powerful Gear Drops: We have identified an issue causing powerful gear to sometimes drop below expected power levels, and are working to resolve this issue in a future update.

Does that mean it's not suppose to be +1 to average, and instead actually +1 to whatever slot you get a drop for? I certainly hope so, because if the +1 to the average is actually intended, I'd really have to question whoever the hell came up with that system.

Movie of the Week follows. Don't even scroll that far if you haven't raided yet and care about spoilers. They're both raid videos.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread