Bug-related Pro Tip (regarding crucible quest progression) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 21, 2018, 08:14 (2064 days ago)

As Bungie has previously mentioned, there's a known bug that has sprung up since the launch of Forsaken that manifests as a defective kill-feed during crucible games. Basically, most actions that are typically announced via the kill feed won't be. I've run into it a couple times now, and both times, performing a hard reset of my console has solved the problem.

However, last night I noticed something else about this bug. It seems to directly interfere with certain quest or bounty progression. While playing Iron Banner last night, I noticed that my "generate motes of light" IB Bounty was not filling up, even after 5 games with multiple super kills per game. It didn't move up at all. I'm also on the portion of the Redrix Broadsword quest that requiers double-kills, and my progression there didn't move over the course of the night either.

Just wanted to point this out in case anyone else gets hit by this bug. It may seem like nothing more than a surface-level annoyance at first, but it appears to be causing deeper problems. So you'll probably want to try a hard reset right away.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread