Gambit is hard solo queue (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Saturday, October 06, 2018, 08:06 (2051 days ago) @ Cody Miller

All my gambit games have been solo as well. I've found that being the guy ready to help where needed can be a big deal. I do this in a few different ways:

- Kill things and see if people are super greedy on motes, if they are "I killed that, I get those motes", or willing to let anyone have any motes. Just by being aware, I can work with people on how motes are gathered.
- Keeping an eye on blockers. Usually someone needs to deal with these. If nobody is, I'll put that as a goal above gathering motes. I will pick up heavy mid-match to deal with ogres, totally worth it.
- Being ready for invaders. I'm hit and miss here, but have been running with a fusion rifle or bow to help hunt these guys down. For example, if I have a fusion rifle equipped, and have motes, I will "hide" where they can close range so I can take them out. This also ties in with the above -- keep the blockers relatively clear.
- Taking out PvE snipers. These guys do major damage at primeval time, and with blueberries often they are ignored.
- Watching lost motes. If someone dies carrying 5, 10 or 15 motes, a PvE orange bar enemy will spawn at the next wave, who glows and drops bonus motes, I htiink to help the team catch up if they're paying attention. They will de-spawn after a time, so I prioritize these guys.
- Use the teleporters. Silly how often randos don't do this.
- Try to stay in a group of other players when clearing out things.

Also, a few things I've learned about along the way, that the internet could have taught me but I'm stubborn and learn through playing:
- Your portal opens to the other side once you hit the segmented lines in the mote bar, or if the other team summons a primeval. Use it or lose it.
- The white bar is how many motes your team is carrying un-banked.
- It's easy to over-extend in later rounds. Learn where the extra spawns come in so you don't get trapped and lose motes or be delayed by dying.
- Use a super or power weapon when invading. (Or sleeper, because sleeper, though I haven't gone there yet)
- It's worth taking a little time killing the extras around the primeval for the damage bonus, which can help immensely with burning down the primeval when that time comes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread