I really hope Bungie addresses loading times. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 22, 2018, 21:27 (2034 days ago)

Recorded how long it takes for me to load Destiny 2, since it feels like an eternity before I can start actually doing stuff. Loading into the game itself is annoying, but the fact that Bungie brought back bounties that pretty much force you into the tower every time you load up the game exacerbates the issue. Everything in this game seems to take forever to load.

PS4 (from Dashboard):
1:34 before I can pick a character.
1:45 before I can use the director.
3:20 to load into the Tower to start the process of picking up the day's bounties.

Xbox (from Dashboard:
2:14 before I can pick a character.
2:44 before I can use the director.
5:51 to load into the Tower to start the process of picking up the day's bounties.

So yeh. About six minutes (if I'm lucky) before I can start the process of going to all of the vendors to check out the bounties. It often takes me way longer before it'll let me pick a character on Xbox.

I was discussing the loading times with Cheap, wondering how the PC community is doing on that end (Apparently there's no Trial version on PC, so I can't check it).
Either way, loading times on either console were nowhere near this bad during Year 1, so it's kind of annoying every time that I boot up the game (especially when I get invited to a Fireteam), and it doesn't help that other games can have you walking around their social spaces in under a minute and a half.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread