*Click CLACK* (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 10:55 (2029 days ago)

Just in case, this could be consider a spoiler

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:01 (2029 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

*Click CLACK*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:14 (2029 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I hope this will tide me over until the good LMGs show up.

Got it. Love it.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:38 (2029 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

First impressions were really good. As a mob killer it is perhaps better than any other heavy we have. One bullet per low level enemy if you are accurate and it creates decently powerful lightning strikes that can kill nearby enemies. And you have over 100 bullets to work with. Close to 200. Running flat out it feels good. It's very stable, I just haven't gotten a good read on its damage output yet since I only had a few minutes to play.

The quest to get it was weirdly lackluster. The way it was spread over 3 weeks with itty bitty bits of "content" was really weird. But popping back over to the Cosmodrome was fun and ultimately I think the gun itself will be good.

PvP

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:56 (2029 days ago) @ Ragashingo

i want to know how it is in PvP. How many bullets do you get from a brick? Is it as good as it was in Destiny?

Can say this much.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 13:12 (2029 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In the one game I played, it definitely felt not as "Head Shot Auto Aim" compared to Destiny 1. 50 rounds in a brick as I recall.

Thing wreaks in PVE though. Oh man.

Can say this much.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 14:02 (2029 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

In the one game I played, it definitely felt not as "Head Shot Auto Aim" compared to Destiny 1. 50 rounds in a brick as I recall.

Thing wreaks in PVE though. Oh man.

Looking forward to using it before the pay to win microtransactions come and I have to quit.

63 per brick in gambit.

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, November 15, 2018, 00:44 (2027 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Some numbers...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:40 (2028 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Heavy Exotics vs Kalli:

Two-tailed Fox: 383,120 (10 rockets hit.)
Thunderlord: 932,175 (220 rounds, roughly 90% critical hits)
Sleeper Simulant: 1,356,971 (13 shots, roughly 11 critical hits)

Presumably, Whisper of the Worm can top even that if you land all the headshots, but I am very pleased with Thunderlord given it will also be amazing at add clearing. (And Two-tailed Fox has now been permanently dismantled.)

TTF needs a PvE buff

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 17:48 (2028 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It’s a fun weapon, but not the exotic rockets just aren’t interesting enough.

Some numbers...

by squidnh3, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 19:14 (2028 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Doesn't Kalli have a higher critical hit percentage than normal enemies? So rockets are a terrible choice for her to begin with - Two Tailed Fox is still pretty awesome.

Some numbers...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 19:28 (2028 days ago) @ squidnh3

Doesn't Kalli have a higher critical hit percentage than normal enemies? So rockets are a terrible choice for her to begin with - Two Tailed Fox is still pretty awesome.

Thunderlord (no critical hits): 545,002. I love Two-tailed Fox for its standoff capability and just for the joy of launching those two rockets, but it is still under performing. :(

$64,000 question, though...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 10:33 (2028 days ago) @ Ragashingo

...Is which armor perks feed it?

I currently run a Titan build that goes hard on purple ammo. So I run Rocket Reserves, Rocket Scavenger, and Heavy Ammo Finder. Most of the time in Gambit I won't stop for the Heavy Ammo spawn, since I'll scoop bricks that drop and find myself with anywhere between 7-10 rockets in-hand.

If I'm going to use my exotic slot for a Heavy, I want to be sure I get plenty of use out of it, but unless I'm mistaken, there aren't any perks for MG's yet.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 11:01 (2028 days ago) @ Malagate

I currently run a Titan build that goes hard on purple ammo. So I run Rocket Reserves, Rocket Scavenger, and Heavy Ammo Finder. Most of the time in Gambit I won't stop for the Heavy Ammo spawn, since I'll scoop bricks that drop and find myself with anywhere between 7-10 rockets in-hand.

If I'm going to use my exotic slot for a Heavy, I want to be sure I get plenty of use out of it, but unless I'm mistaken, there aren't any perks for MG's yet.

I don’t imagine there will be any MG specific perks till at least season5. There are some generic ones that will probably work that apply to all heavies. I have seen hevy dexterity and loader perks.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 11:12 (2028 days ago) @ CougRon

I don’t imagine there will be any MG specific perks till at least season5. There are some generic ones that will probably work that apply to all heavies. I have seen hevy dexterity and loader perks.

More or less what I expected. Doesn't make it seem worth it to me unless I can get extra ammo. Malfeasance + the Bad Omens roll I have still seems better than crippling my Heavy production in order to use Thunderlord, at least as far as Gambit/Crucible go.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 11:33 (2028 days ago) @ Malagate

Yeah, I wondered about that too. Hopefully machine gun specific perks will be coming.

One of the nicest things about Thunderlord, though, is it's ability to meter its damage output to "just right." Meaning, with something like Sleeper or Two-tailed Fox, one shot or a pair of rockets will be a super massive overkill for that Dreg, or Vandal, or Captain... but with Thunderlord a single headshot (or a trio-ish in the case of the Captain) will get the job done but the weapon is still close enough in overall power that it is still acceptable to point it at a boss without letting your team down.

That, and I'm picking up +75 rounds of ammo (with a maximum of 220) in Patrol with whatever perk combo I have at the moment. I'll try out Gambit tonight to see how that changes...

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 11:38 (2028 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Or you fire a single round and get half a dozen or more kills. Lightning strikes chain.

Now get the shirt

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 09:25 (2028 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Only $77,777.77 in the Bungie store (or 29.99 with bungierewards code)

Now get the shirt

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 10:29 (2028 days ago) @ CougRon

I prefer to think of it as a $15 shirt, and a $14.99 emblem.

Now get the shirt

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 11:33 (2028 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I prefer to think of it as a $15 shirt, and a $14.99 emblem.

Man. I want that shirt and the emblem, but I've already blown my yearly "nerd wardrobe" budget on the Moments of Triumph and Ace of Spades shirts :p

I may still order the digital soundtrack to see if I can get the soundtrack emblem and "any purchase" emblem with the one order.

-Disciple

Didn't your 'Ace' shirt qualify as Any Purchase?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 11:46 (2028 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

If no, I have 1 extra emblem (Pursuit of Dreams) you can have

Also, thanks guys for mentioning that Reward and shirt. I wasn't aware of its existence yet. Still can't access the Companion Application

Doesn't look like it.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 12:13 (2028 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I had to double-check, but I guess my pre-order (made October 11th) came before the current emblem offer started. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a different emblem on offer at the time. There's usually some kind of bonus emblem deal going on almost constantly.

If no, I have 1 extra emblem (Pursuit of Dreams) you can have

I just went ahead and ordered the soundtrack since it did come with both emblems, but thanks for offering!

Also, I now have a download link I can give to someone if they didn't grab the free Forsaken + Whisper of the Worm soundtrack deal before it disappeared. I'll shoot an email (you'll have to let me know if your forum email isn't current) to the first person interested.

-Disciple

Speaking of which . . .

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 14:12 (2028 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Did anyone preorder that gun model? I’m debating doing so.

$70 (gun + tax + shipping) was too much for me

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 14:35 (2028 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

I’d rather shell out for a full size from a prop maker.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 14:47 (2028 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

$75 on Etsy

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 15:15 (2028 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Stop that!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 15:37 (2027 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This is a rabbit hole I desperately need to avoid.

I’ve done a pretty good job in the past few years avoiding useless collectibles, but high quality Destiny gun replicas will be hard to resist.

I’ve been looking for a full size Thunderlord to order.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 22:39 (2027 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Apparently, it melts *Last Wish Spoils*

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:56 (2029 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Dat announcer doe.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:08 (2029 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

What I’d like to know...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 11:20 (2028 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

While Bungie is in the mood to release playable versions of E3 demos, could they release this for us as well?

;)

lol

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 13:29 (2028 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

What I’d like to know...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 13:45 (2028 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Glad I wasn't the only person literately thinking about this. On point! Once I saw that Kell(?) crawling out of that pipe, I expected to see an exotic drop from it that auto decrypted into Thunderlord. It's a shame it didn't occur that way, but it should have!

Was a minor let down.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 13:48 (2028 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

+1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 13:49 (2028 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

What I’d like to know...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 15:38 (2027 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Lots of stories about that demo in the book :-)

But it’s not really playable. If you went off the path even slightly or looked the wrong way it would crash.

What I’d like to know...

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, November 15, 2018, 17:52 (2026 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But it’s not really playable. If you went off the path even slightly or looked the wrong way it would crash.

Are you aware that this was proven untrue just yesterday on the Halo community stream? lol

What I’d like to know...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, November 15, 2018, 17:56 (2026 days ago) @ EffortlessFury
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, November 15, 2018, 18:22

Are you aware that this was proven untrue just yesterday on the Halo community stream? lol

Link please. Multiple people have said that demo was touchy.

What I’d like to know...

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, November 15, 2018, 19:34 (2026 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I gotta say hats off...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 16, 2018, 07:31 (2026 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

to my buddy kornman00. You did get the play the E3 demo--with everybody watching! I bet it was surreal. I'm excited about the work you're doing. Congrats!

I gotta say hats off...

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, November 16, 2018, 08:15 (2026 days ago) @ Kermit

Man that's an old name drop. Is he at 343 or did he work on the original demo?

I gotta say hats off...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 16, 2018, 08:57 (2026 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

He's one of the main guys at 343 working on the excellent renovation of the MCC collection. All that digging into code over the years paid off.

I gotta say hats off...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, November 16, 2018, 09:23 (2026 days ago) @ Kermit

The whole MCC renovation is fascinating to me. It shows true dedication on 343’s part. Lots of companies release broken games (and no, I’m NOT giving them a pass on it), but the amount of time and effort that they’ve put into fixing and then improving the collection is great to see.

Plus, my curiosity around the whole MCC fiasco is quite high. The tiny little drops of info that I’ve heard over the years make it sound like the studio at large was caught utterly by surprise when the game shipped and didn’t work (which if true points to a very different situation than the typical buggy/broken game launch, where devs usually have a pretty good idea of what they’re shipping). I don’t know if that’s accurate, or what the possible explainations might be, but the part of me that is fascinated by games development would love to one day hear the whole story.

I gotta say hats off...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 16, 2018, 09:27 (2026 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The cynical part of me thinks that the dedication is only such because of Halo 5’s relatively poor sales and the negative response to the campaign. I think they need to demonstrate their dedication so people will give Halo Infinite a shot. If Halo 5 sold like Halo 3 they would probably not be trying so hard with MCC.

I gotta say hats off...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 16, 2018, 09:55 (2026 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah. I can't imagine they're making a profit on it anymore. Even if they come back and sell Reach in the future, it's not going to sell a lot and they won't be able to price it anywhere near a full game. So yeah... I love that they're keeping my favorite classic games alive, but I'm not really sure why they're doing it...

Maybe they're just keeping people busy as the next Halo is in preproduction??

Game Pass

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, November 16, 2018, 12:30 (2026 days ago) @ Ragashingo

A big part of this (I think) is that MS wanted to put it into Game Pass to get people to subscribe to that. It's probably a non-negligible amount of people who grab it to play MCC for cheap and if they like the service than it's recurring revenue in the future which more than makes up the cost to fix up the MCC. Plus it might convince people to give Halo Infinite a try.

I gotta say hats off...

by Avateur @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 11:36 (2026 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The whole MCC renovation is fascinating to me. It shows true dedication on 343’s part. Lots of companies release broken games (and no, I’m NOT giving them a pass on it), but the amount of time and effort that they’ve put into fixing and then improving the collection is great to see.

Plus, my curiosity around the whole MCC fiasco is quite high. The tiny little drops of info that I’ve heard over the years make it sound like the studio at large was caught utterly by surprise when the game shipped and didn’t work (which if true points to a very different situation than the typical buggy/broken game launch, where devs usually have a pretty good idea of what they’re shipping). I don’t know if that’s accurate, or what the possible explainations might be, but the part of me that is fascinated by games development would love to one day hear the whole story.

Ahaha. You’re giving them way too much credit. No need to elaborate. MCC is fixed and beyond that, Halo is dead. Just enjoy the MCC. Don’t worry about motives or who knew what when and all that, because it’ll just sour everything that actually finally got dealt with. MCC is great now, and they’re working on making playlist searching even better (so that all of H4, which is still trash, can be uninstalled). It’s glorious. Get your MCC running and enjoy.

Oh and to expand on Kermit, yes, kornman is the true hero of this tale of MCC fixing. Obviously not just him, but a ridiculously major part of it.

Yawn.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 12:33 (2026 days ago) @ Avateur

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 16, 2018, 16:04 (2025 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

predictable

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, November 16, 2018, 12:49 (2026 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

predictable

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, November 16, 2018, 16:49 (2025 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It’s like the DBO version of Beatlejuice, except you say “343” and you only need to say it once :)

predictable

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 16, 2018, 19:35 (2025 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It’s like the DBO version of Beatlejuice, except you say “343” and you only need to say it once :)

[image]

So good :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, November 16, 2018, 20:02 (2025 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

DBOtv's 'Tip of the Hat' would make a great D2 emote

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, November 16, 2018, 09:31 (2026 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, November 16, 2018, 09:42

I was thinking the other day, ncsuDuncan ncsuDuncan ncsuDuncan's DBOtv 'Tip of the Hat' would be a really great Destiny 2 emote

Subtle, yet refined

Huh, never noticed Romeo was on it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 16:55 (2027 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread