The "Front Page" hasn't been updated in a month. (DBO)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 16, 2018, 13:22 (1990 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Not griping at all about your comment that the front page hasn't been updated for a while. That's a totally valid complaint.

I was taking issue with your comment that it's "obvious" that this place isn't going to be updated any more. That's an unfair assessment, not backed up by actual evidence.

The evidence is the pattern that has emerged, yet on that same coin it's not like I've created a docket. What I think I see, I've seen before. It's from a little here and a little there. It starts with familiar names fading from the forum. In the About page, we have ncsuDuncan, mastrbiggy, Leviathan, and so on who haven't posted here in a dogs age yet are Admins(?). I mean they are on the about page, then they must have some importance to this site. At some point someone thought giving Korny that power was a good idea. (:P)

Then we have the constant lulls in updates. Not to be obnoxious, but how long does it take to say - "Yo! Bungie dropped this weeks update Hot! We updated dem Bungie Update Archives too if you prefer that format. Go read it muh peeps!"

That's you Wu. That's how you sound. :P ... lol.

If it was a one off, it's fine. But again and again and again... something is slipping. Yet there has been nothing, no post nor announcement of "hey things are going to be intermittent for abit". Simple. With that said, I find my self asking if I should have made a post asking if everything is ok, but ...eh... water under the bridge.

And finally, I've noticed a change in tone. This is probably the weakest in presentation, but it's what I see. It's like... if something could be deferred, it was. This probably is the most perplexing. There is no one thing I can point to, just... the water feels different. I don't know. It's a feather weight. That +1 push.

In the end its easy to conclude that there is no time to tend to the site, and what we have is what we get. There was no end in sight. It was obvious, as that was the pattern that had emerged.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread