disagree with the premise. (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, December 21, 2018, 16:54 (1976 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Petra was essentially acting warden of the prison of elders. Uldren was one of her charges. He escaped and killed a bunch of innocents. It was way past a courtroom at that point.

Questionable for our guardian? Yep. (And I still think Petra pulled the trigger) Questionable for Petra? Not really, she had plenty of justification that he was guilty. And expectations that he would continue to kill.

I’m sorry maybe I am misremembering, but wasn’t he under the influence of Riven the whole time?

No. Riven was able to nudge him in a direction, but she did not control him or command him. She used his own tendencies and neediness against him to tragic, civilization murdering effect. But it was mostly Uldren and his tendencies spun out of control after the "death" of his sister.

Plus, there's no reason to believe that either Petra or our Guardian know about this. The player sees those cutscenes, not the character.

This has kind of been a problem for me with Destiny cutscenes since Eris took the shard out of Oryx's sword.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread