THAB: Eververse (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, February 28, 2019, 17:11 (1907 days ago) @ CougRon

Eververse gets some great armors (to hide the fact that they're killing off Prismatic Facets because money):
[image]

I don't get how the prismatic change/removal is better for the player. I get how it's better for Bungine (money!) but not how removing a chance at getting a cool(ish) item in-game and replacing it with a bundle you have to pay cash for.

Maybe there's more to it or something. I've noticed times when their descriptions paint for me a false picture compared to the reality.

No, it's strictly good for Bungie, not for players at all.
I don't mean that cynically, as I'm much happier with direct purchases (Like D1 had and D2 should have had in the first place), even if it's at the cost of the "friendlier" RNG of the Prismatic Facet.

They are in a position where they need as much money as soon as possible, and this is the best way to do that. I can pretty much guarantee that we will see more emotes added to the store at one time than there have ever been before (probably a bunch of the interactive ones now that they finally realized they're a thing).

Will they add better Dust bounties, or something to be friendlier to the more casual player? Maybe, but right now, it's purely a wiser business decision, and not an "improvement".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread