Your own 3D Printed DBO... (DBO)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 19:03 (3843 days ago)

Yup, it's exactly like it sounds! Ok, maybe not exactly, but I guess that depends on what you pictured... anyway...

Today I surprised Duncan with a preview of some trinkets I whipped up based on the DBO logo, so before I talk too much further, here's the fun part:

(click to embiggen)
[image]

Now for the details.

Modeling: I basically extruded the DBO logo in AC3D, added a base-backing and modeled an attachment tab. I envisioned the smaller ones being used as zipper pull-tabs and the large one as a luggage ID tag, but I'm sure you all can come up with other applications. :)

Production: Upload to Shapeways. Order. Wait for delivery. ENJOY!

I realize no one asked for these, and they're not exactly as universal as a T-shirt, but I thought they'd be fun. :)

The parts pictured were actually the very first run, I had them shipped direct to Duncan, which gives you an idea of my faith in Shapeways and their penchant for first-time quality.

Want your own? I'm glad you asked! Below are links to the different sizes and bundles.

NOTE! You can get these in a variety of plastic colors, so check that out on the product page.

There are also METAL versions, which should be AWESOME! (I'll be ordering some metal ones for myself soon)

Click here to see all the parts in the DBO Custom Shop on Shapeways

Assorted DBO tags - 5 pieces

Large zipper tag - single

Small zipper tag - single

Luggage tag - single

Small Metal zipper tag - single

Large zipper tag - 4 pieces

Small zipper tag - 4 pieces

Small Metal zipper tag - 4 pieces

Luggage tag - 4 pieces

If you would like more than 4 of any of these, let me know and i can create a custom bundle. You can obviously order multiple pieces, but it's cheaper to bundle them in a single order.

Enjoy!!

~ M7

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread