Co-op Night: Now with 25% less skull (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 18:16 (3832 days ago)

[image]Screenshot by Fyrewulf.

Co-op Night Is Wednesday at 9 EDT

Master Chief has made it to the Infinity, where Commander Del Rio isn't as pleased to see him as one might expect. The Commander sends him and a team of ODSTs on a mission to destroy a gravity well so that the Infinity can bug out. So Lasky and the Chief ride again--this time on something a bit bigger than a Warthog.

Had a great time running through the jungle last week with stabbim and Lawnmower. The chokepoint outside the security door is an area that's been difficult for me on Legendary when I've played solo, but we kept the chain guns going and made it through without much trouble.

Here are the stats from last week:

Team Kermit
Team Snipe
Team Padraig (Incomplete)
Team Bones (Incomplete)

As you can see, two teams didn't finish, and I've gotten some feedback that the game is too hard with all the skulls we have on, so from here on out I'm going to make the Tilt skull optional. (I still prefer it myself, but different strokes ....)

Stat-wise between the teams that finished, my team was the most cooperative, and bluerunner had the most assists with 47 (I was right behind that with 45).

This week's battle plan:

Reclaimer
Legendary
Tough Luck, Thunderstorm, and Mythic (fun skulls and Tilt optional)

If you haven't yet, be sure and send a friend request to Coop Night on XBL. This will help me organize teams.

Co-op Night FAQ (V5.1)

Why co-op?
I like playing with other people--especially people from the bungie.org communities. We all love inhabiting other worlds and kicking alien butt. Co-op Night gives us to chance to do this while also enjoying each other's company and maybe getting to know each other better than we might when we're trying to shoot each other in the face.

What will we play?
A level of the Halo 4 campaign each week until we're done.

Why only one level?
There's no limit to what you can play. The battle plan is just a starting point. If you want to continue to play the next level, that's fine, but personally, I’m about savoring one level per night. Simply put, Co-op Night is about having a night where if you show up, it's assumed you are interested in co-op with community members, and you’re committed to playing through one level.

So there are no rules?
Not really, but the goal is to milk as much fun as possible out of each mission, and for the most part, this means full path Halo, appreciating the story, killing everything, avoiding glitchy shortcuts, and saving the galaxy with style while leaving piles of dead enemies in our wake. In other words, this is not high speed Halo. Co-op night is about teamwork. On co-op night, assists count as much as kills.

How will teams be formed?

1. Send a friend request to the gamertag Coop Night on XBL. (You can also send a note to Kermit7, but friends of Coop Night get invited first.)
2. If you're online at the designated time, I assume you have an interest in co-op and invite you to my party.
3. If and when we have a full party (or multiple parties), we play a short custom Free-For-All game and the results will serve as our randomized team list. I'll assign team leaders, and we'll count off four starting from the top.
4. The party leaders leave to form their own Xbox Live party, inviting their assigned teammates (usually the two to three names under them in the last game results). Then the co-op game begins!

With luck, this process shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.

But what about my friends?
You have friends? Congratulations! Gathering a party to play co-op should be easy whenever you want. Quit your bellyaching, soldier! You've got a job to do. Co-op night isn't about playing with the same old people you always play with. It's about playing with the bungie.org community, and maybe forming new friendships and bonds forged in brightly colored blood.

<3

Kermit

cc: HBO

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread