Sorry, but I'm still on the fence.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, February 18, 2013, 19:30 (4056 days ago) @ Injunfett
edited by narcogen, Monday, February 18, 2013, 19:36

First of let me say that I have been a follower and fan of Bungie since I played Myth I love the studio and I love their games.

With what we have seen about the game so far I am just not sold. Yes I love the story and I think the game has potential but I just don’t know enough about the game right now to make a firm decision, and the release has just left me with even more questions then we have the answers to.

That's too bad.

The game is being funded by Kickstarter, right?

So they have to sell us on it now or else it won't be released. I guess they should have given us more information.

As for the rest... loot drops, crafting, and mandatory timed events that you can miss out on or will change your game world while you're not playing (Cody mentioned those)... have any of those things actually been in any way confirmed? Or are we just making stuff up?

I realize plenty of us are justifiably skeptical of marketing claims about games-- but when Bungie says this really isn't an MMO, why is everyone taking that to mean it really is an MMO?

Yesterday's slashdot summary I think used the acronym "MMO" more times than "Bungie" or "Destiny" combined, and I doubt it's at all relevant. Destiny seems to me-- given what little we have to go on-- much less like an MMO than Myth seemed like an RTS game.

It looks to me like a natural expansion of how Mass Effect 3 tried to integrate online coop into the single player campaign. I'm not sure what everybody's panties are in such a twist about. The idea sounds good to me, and that's coming from someone who will probably not be able to play the game due to high ping and low upstream bandwidth.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread