Smarter Enemies and Reduced Complexity (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 12:27 (575 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

The more reasonable hope is for reduced complexity in relation to gear, mods, stats, etc. Or at the very least a more digestible way of understanding how all of these play together. The systems really exploded in complexity with the 3.0 elements, which seems to be a function of increased flexibility, but since Destiny is a side hobby and not a full-time job for me, I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around everything. Catering to Tha Streamerz™ has not done us any favors…

Honestly, they've taken the plunge into build crafting sooo deep that I don't think they'll ever change.

This was a big hurdle for me last year when they started to roll out. I actually checked out for a while and then just decided to let other people make the decisions for me. Once I played with some "preset" builds, I got a good feeling for how all the systems worked and could really hone it in to my playstyle. Now I can actually really appreciate it, but it really isn't something you can do switch up easily without DIM and that is a shame. Mactics does a pretty good job of breaking down builds and explaining how the pieces of a puzzle fit together- although his language is a bit hyperbolic at times. Here's then one that got me into it.

Void Hunter: Always invisible

Also, Hi and welcome back! Rellekh still has found memories of you guiding her through her first VoG clear.

To add to what Robot was saying, I'm finally letting the YouTubers do the work. They often include links to DIM so you can copy their load outs without a lot of work. I admire the people that get into it, and there's part of me that would love to experiment and figure it all out for myself, but it's hard enough for me to find the time to finish the basic content and get exotics.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread