Crota is pretty fun (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, September 06, 2023, 15:13 (234 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

As someone who absolutely loved the original, I was wary of the changes they brought that nerfed our solo abilities. The changes they brought were a lot of fun in my opinion. The Ir Yut and Crota parts are especially more fun because of the movement they require across the battlefield. Mistakes can be recovered and there are a lot of paths to success. Having Crota chase you around the Arena feels a lot better too.

I loved it as well, though felt the opposite when it comes to recovering from mistakes. Old Crota was great because there was a dwindling effect throughout; you had six folks, but only really needed three at most to survive encounters. With the Chalice mechanic, it really feels like if the wrong guy dies at any given time, it’s a wipe. If an Enlightened person messes up at all on Ir Yut, it’s a wipe.
Overall, the good changes far, far outweigh the bad, so I’m super happy with the improvements to this Dungeon (and the fact that Challenge-mode raid was two-manned day 1 or 2 shows that there is totally a way to recover from mistakes, it’ll just take more time to work out the kinks).

The only change that breaks this Chicken's little heart is that you can't sword fly across the bridge anymore.

I can definitely get out of the map on Bridge like before, so maybe sword strat ain’t dead yet! I’ll keep you posted. :P

What are your thoughts?

I loved that there are streamline starts already in play (skipping lanterns was fun).
I’m eager to run it more (when I don’t fall asleep as the game runs, lol).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread