It's over, but... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 18, 2023, 00:07 (223 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That was legitimately one of the most fun weekends I've had in Destiny in a long time.
From Mic-less LFG GMs, to Master Raiding VoG challenges without the risk of folks getting mad at weak links, it was pure fun (I even tolerated a run of Shattered Throne!).

It's crazy to see that Destiny can still be a very fun game if you aren't having to tolerate all the godawful investment systems and unfun challenge settings and boring/limited required builds. Bungie could learn from a certain other developer about taking the right lessons from bugs and community enjoyment of the game, and let their intentions get out of the way of letting the game just be fun from time to time.

When the game is free to be fun, it's a blast!

It's gonna suck going back to normal, but boy what a weekend.

Seeing people all gather to celebrate shenanigans is such a member berry thing, so seeing it again was a treat.

The best part may be the elitists decrying people being able to accomplish goals that were basically impossible for them. Remember when playing games was done for fun?

And while I don't condone cheesy builds in PvP, I couldn't resist running a couple of matches in Trials to see what happens when the game is an absolute CoD-style "shoot first" mess. Answer? It makes me crave Momentum Trials so bad...

Anyway, great times were had by all. I hope everyone got the Adept Loot and Triumphs that eluded them for so long!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread