AI in Forge Mode (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, November 05, 2023, 07:25 (174 days ago)

Well, it's finally been done. AI in forge mode has been a deeply hoped for feature years over, and this morning, I decided to fiddle with it, and see what could be done. Wow, this thing got DEEP! I only scratched the surface, no scripting or node triggers, or any of that stuff. Using only the base level kit embedded into the AI Spawning Nodes, I was able to... honestly have a lot of fun just playing around. None of this was saved, it's all done (obviously per the UI) in the Live Play within forge mode.

Compared to the movement in Destiny (plus the lack of any muscle memory) I felt like a giant brick with a gun the entire time (which might not be too far off all things considered), didn't plan anything, just worked with what was on the ground, and... well, I just about don't really know what kit to use for what, sans some classics but... yeah. All in all, this thing is pretty cool.

And of course, I clipped it. Come, watch me get my ass kicked. FOR SCIENCE!

It's been almost two years since I even thought to play this game, but AI in forge was too good not to at least play with.

Glad to see that even "343i" can't screw up how awesome elites are.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread