Xbox Problems. (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, December 02, 2023, 11:27 (147 days ago)

Uh... so this one is interesting, in that even the "receipts" I just so happened to capture are "on fire". This is most likely some hardware thing, and I'm hoping it's something I can figure out and fix.

[image]

So, as you likely figure, and indeed can see in the picture above, I was on Destiny. And, no doubt, you're noting the wave frame for the audio, in how the signal of it changes so abruptly. I'd like to show the video I've captured, but it seems I can't render it out past that change. Even though I have a contained video file to show, that section is so degraded in bit-rate/data, that the system sees half second "media offline" gaps which stops the render. If it could render, what you see in the video that I see is that data suddenly degrading so the video looks like...

Hahaha... It's a Giraffe.

So what did it look like in real time? I'll also add what I've been doing & what I've noticed, as I've been able to replicate this issue 2 more times after initial.

So I'm playing the game, nothing special, didn't bump my xbox or anything and suddenly, the frame-rate TANKS intermittently. And I'm getting buzzing and popping, pixilated noise, and just all around loss in quality. I back out of the game I was in, and I'm asking myself; was it the game, was it that mode I was in? Nope, I'm in orbit, and it's still being weird. Shoot, I don't exactly understand why, but the data sound is registering on the in game "mic". I back out to the xbox dashboard. Things seem fine, but then I notice that I'm seeing frame rate dips while ON THE DASHBOARD. I "Nope" the Xbox off in real hurry, hoping that the time honored IT ritual will be enough. Thing is, the Xbox "off" is more of a standby really, and when I jump back on, things still seem a touch weird. Nothing exact, just... "off" so to speak. (Ugh, English.) So I just turn off the whole media center outlet. Let it sit for about 30 seconds, and turn it on.

Jump back onto xbox. Things seem normal. I want to test it. I jump onto Titanfall and run some laps on its single player time trial, just to see if some "physical thing" will happen with it on. All seems fine. I'm playing a game on the Xbox. A decide to test something with an internet connection, so I go and play "Frontier Defense", the Titanfall hoard mode, basically. Out of 5 rounds, I got to 2, where suddenly... well, lets just say this instance hard crashed the Xbox off. I let it sit there for about half an hour, while I tried to figure my next move.

Turn it back on, everything is fine. I go to check if there is an update for the xbox, and there is. I update the box, and try my loop again. Titanfall laps on its single player time trial. All seems fine. "Frontier Defense", the Titanfall hoard mode, and... I can hear it. It is there. There is a frame dropped here and there. A slight buzz or pop. The problem is not gone. But, I was able to finish the game.

Came on to my computer to make a clip to show y'all... that did not work and... well. Here we are. Right now, it seems like this only happens when I'm connected in a game online, as I've not been able to replicate the issue in a truly offline, single player experience. I also want to be sure that this isn't some electrical... THING.

I'll jump back on and make aware any other things as they occur.

So, uh, any ideas here folks? Questions?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread