Customs Night (let's try this again edition) (Recruitment)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 22:03 (3804 days ago)

Customs Night is coming again, just like your relatives (possibly). I hope you left room for the fun. If you didn't know, Customs Night is a game night, a weekly get-together in Halo, hosted every Friday by Community Customs (it's like Humpty Dumpty except most of the pieces are gone), in which we play custom games. We play standard and custom gametypes on custom maps (and sometimes a standard map or two). The maps range from big to small and the gametypes and maps range from simple to complex and from competitive to crazy (and sometimes they're both at once). Exactly what we play is whatever the people in the party want to play, so I can guarantee neither Writer's Mind nor Death Race, nor can I guarantee Armor Walkers or Invasion or Haloball or any particular chaotic or competitive or cool map or gametype (there is a very high probability of Death Race though). We kick off this party at 9:00 PM Eastern time, and this week we'll be playing Halo: Reach. If that sounds fun and you want to join, all you have to do is say so in a reply to this post or the one on HBO, include your gamertag in the reply, and be on at 9:00 on Friday. If you do that, you'll get a message or an invite when we get started (the exact time can vary a bit, but it will be within a few minutes of 9:00, and I will not forget this time).
As long as you're not a jerk, the only things to remember are that a CC admin-- a group that includes nomis78, ShadowoftheVoid, and Gnrl Vagueness-- will have party lead the whole time (not necessarily the same person though) and we won't be running any modded content in case MS wants to start banning people for that (they can already detect a lot of it and by some interpretations it's against the terms of use)-- oh, and to have fun, you should remember to have fun. I hope we'll see you there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread