New Desiny Drawing Board - The Shrike (vehicle!) (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 20:04 (3719 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Yes, it is a Fallen vehicle that we can steal! I can't really read it at work, but if I remember correctly they implied you wouldn't be able to store them, but I could be incorrect.

This saddens me. I want to own one.

I suppose on the flip side, I can look forward to a potential RotJ speeder chase.
ie: I run up and hijack one of their Pikes and ride off leaving them to pursue me, and one poor bastard stuck at base.

Cause that would be awesome.

My first reaction was to want to own one too; but I suspect the idea will be that you're always mobile, but don't always have platform-mounted weapons to go tear-assing around the map with. I definitely wouldn't want all the random help that passes through to appear on vehicles that will handily steamroll my smaller encounters for me. If that's an option, players will take it by default. I suppose it all depends on the environment, though. If there's an area that's like descending from the gates of Pandemonium into Hell, or storming Mount Arreat, then I wouldn't care. I'd expect entire fire teams on Pikes.

But I like the idea of having to earn most of the vehicles by stealing or finding them.

If my summonable vehicle isn't armed but my passenger can fire, I'm happy. But I'm going to need mods or other models so I can actually have nasty hog wheels. Or robo-spider legs.

The other thing is the question of whether stolen vehicles will have unlimited ammo. Having to refill vehicle ammo would make a certain amount of sense. I think I'd be for it.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread