Customs Night (Truth and Reconciliation edition [Halo 4]) (Recruitment)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 21:27 (3737 days ago)
edited by General Vagueness, Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 21:58

Customs Night will take you out into the country and bury you deep under the snow... in a good way.
Yes, Customs Night is back again, and you can be part of it. What is Customs Night (and shouldn't I have used a pronoun by now)? It's a weekly event held in Halo by Community Customs where we play custom games. More specifically, it's where we play custom and standard gametypes on custom maps (and occasionally a standard map gets in), it's at 9:00 PM EST, and the maps and gametypes range from small to large, from old to new, and from competitive to random. We try to run a mix of your typical sort of competitive maps and gametypes and more innovative or unusual maps and gametypes, often called minigames, and among the competitive-type maps we try to mix up the gametypes too, but maps often only support Slayer and Regicide (and have partial Flood support, if I remember correctly) because those gametypes don't need any special items. You can join the fun by simply replying to this post with your gamertag.

Things to keep in mind:

- we almost entirely play whatever the people present want to play and we try to run it in the order it's requested
- we won't run modded content, because we don't want to risk getting anyone banned
- party lead will be kept by a CC admin (a group including but not limited to ShadowoftheVoid, iHyokin, and Gnrl Vagueness), so...
- if you want to play something we don't already have, you'll need to put it in your fileshare or give us the gamertag of someone that has it in their fileshare
- we and map-makers value feedback, and we just want to hear people, so please, talk, but not so loud or so long we can't hear or understand other people
- we suggest you bring a map, a snack, and a sense of humor
- that time again is 9:00 PM Eastern and the game is Halo 4

Changes are happening, and going to happen, at and in Community Customs. For one, our site is completely down. It will be replaced, and Soon™. There have been things happening in other areas, and after thinking about it a lot, I decided I think it's mostly just our business, but hopefully what's happened will mean a better experience for you, the players who come to Customs Night. Thank you, by the way, those of you who do show up, even if it's not every time. You, of course, make this possible, and make it better.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread