Bungie posted about it. (Destiny)

by Fuertisimo, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 00:20 (3656 days ago) @ Xenos

I dunno. Regardless of how awesome we would like to think contracts are, I'd be surprised if Activision doesn't have a significant degree of influence in Bungie's operations.

We're talking about the sole source of income in what is easily one of the largest game development projects ever.

//=================

I'm not saying I'm convinced by Cody's suggestion, or that I think it's highly likely. What I'm saying is, if it turned out that Activision had an issue with Marty's continued employment and that that had an impact, it would not astound me.

The reason I find it so ridiculous is because they would be RISKING one of the largest game development projects ever by trying to force Marty out of Bungie. Which means they either wouldn't or there would have to be a REALLY good reason why Activision took a dislike for Marty. And what would that be anyway? I honestly can't think of anything feasible that Marty could have done that would make Activision pressure Bungie into firing him, risking a very large and lucrative contract.

Activision isn't too bright with their long term planning. See: Diablo 3.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread