From last year's Polygon article... (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 05:11 (3661 days ago) @ bluerunner

I've been looking for this all morning- it was the 2nd thing that came to my mind after the Halo 2 disc content. Thanks for finding it.

I think this probably hits the nail on the head.

Not necessarily from BUNGIE, but its backers or the people with the money.

When a company gets bought out, or there is a merger, what typically happens? Management and executive level employees from the company getting bought out are given the axe. This is typical because the parent company wants to get their people in places where direction will change to the lower levels, and also to get rid of expensive positions that may not be needed, or to get rid of people who had been in so long with the company that they were making massive amounts of money just from tenure.

I'm not saying that is what happened here- I'm saying it's worth a thought or something to draw a parallel from.

Marty holds a lot of impact on Bungie's products and is worth a lot of money, thus he has to be paid a lot of money. When one person holds that kind of power in a business setting, well, lets just leave it at there are some people who don't like that, and those are usually the people who sign the checks.

Sad day.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread