I want you all to watch this, from the Halo 2 limited ed. (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 07:08 (3655 days ago) @ Revenant1988

This is reminding me a bit of a firing/resigning that was a hot topic in a different enthusiast community I lurk in:

Ohio Supreme Court hears argument between Cedar Point parent company former employee

Basically what happened there was a heated conversation occurred between the head guy and what was basically his right hand man, and the head guy said he resigned while the guy maintained he was fired. Perhaps not exactly the same situation, as don't have any more details regarding Marty, but it seems conceivable that the same type of boil-over argument may have occurred, especially given the unusual timing. While it seemed everything was going great, perhaps this was a long time coming. How many groups maintain this type of success for this long and stick together? Look at successful rock bands, sports teams. It seems like eventually there's a dispute over credit that causes parties to go elsewhere, either of their own accord or otherwise, often with significant acrimony. I sincerely hope that any harmed parties can reconcile, but I highly doubt it will be any time soon.

Speculation aside, I'd like to express my appreciation for Marty's music (as well as his sound work). That was a huge part of what made me get into Halo, despite having almost no prior interest in video games. I remember playing Halo 2 in my basement back in high school one night, and my mom came in the room to grab some sewing stuff. I was just sitting in the menu, and she commented, "Wow, this music is really nice." It is universally great stuff that will stand the test of time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread