A bit harsh, but... (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, July 21, 2014, 09:32 (3566 days ago) @ Doooskey

Here is the thing, you are right about the situational part of the guns. AR's work really well mid-close range, and if you are mid-long, you can beat the AR with an equal Scout or Pulse.

The big thing is this - Most of the Control maps were pretty full of mid-close range areas, particularly with the location of the Control points. I was running AR, Fusion Rifle, and Heavy MG on every map, and playing to the mid-close range situation. It was very easy to get a lot of caps and kills because people flood the cap areas and I could just sit and wait for them to come to me.

I think, if these are the pattern for the rest of the maps, the AR's might be a little OP, or maybe point a control point out in the open?

When I was running with some DBO peeps in the Iron Banner on Saturday evening, I was using an AR then as well. I was still doing really well then. But my play style was totally different. I was getting up in rocks and corners near to enemies, jumping out and trying to tank their damage while I hosed them down.

With the Jigoku Scout Rifle I took the corners that were a step further away, stuck closer to cover, and used my double jump to GTFO, get up high and in sight of choke points.

Not going to work on all maps, all the time, against all enemies but, you can still swap it out whenever you want. I haven't mastered enough weapons to be able to do that in the heat of battle yet though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread