Oh (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Monday, July 21, 2014, 12:19 (3539 days ago) @ Kermit

I wish there were. It would be awesome. Most of my freinds are playing on the One, so I won't be able to play with them. Am the sad.

Get better friends. People who bought the Xbox One are not people that you need in your life. Nature has taught us that if you cling to the back of the herd, you will not survive.

There is a better way. There are better friends. Greatness awaits.

Hue.

*I'd like to apologize to anyone who finds this disrespectful. I would never wish to offend anyone in this community.

Now I see why people have been calling you a troll. You know the disclaimer only makes it worse, right? Ah who am I kidding, you probably intended it that way.

Korny doesn't even get a slap on the wrist for this this behavior. Apparently constant, deliberate disrepect towards this community and its members is totally okay.

Heck, he even got frontpaged for one of those.

Korny is a human in name only. He is mostly troll now. The best thing you an do is ignore him. I mean I can't tell if he's trying to sell us on the PS4 or justify his own purchase to himself anymore. You're giving him his smug power. Stop it.

I don't understand why this is tolerated here, at all. And then other community members chime in like it's pointless to address. It shouldn't be ignored, it shouldn't be allowed, it shouldn't happen, period.

I agree that Korny is a troll, but that first post was just strong opinion save for the gratuitous diaper comment, about which much was unhelpfully made after the fact. You may not have noticed, but the troll-like nature of the second post was called out by the Man himself, in addition to getting front page attention for its positive aspects. Korny bugs me and when he claims alignment with me it's enough to make me second-guess myself. On the other hand, when an innocent positive post about the PS4 is misinterpreted as deliberately disrespectful, it makes me glad I'm not an admin if it means I'm supposed to be the arbiter of who meant what.

I guess the question is, would you rather have a site where admins constantly come down on people for sins real and imagined, or a site that is more subtly guided and self-policing. Easy choice for me.

The push back against the Xbox butthurt push back was a thing, though--so much "well duh" from the unaffected people, and I don't think it's a stretch to see how that came across to those affected. But that is a completely different topic and one that I think has been completely exhausted and satisfied, especially regarding that specific post.

Your question is a false dilemma, but I know what you're saying.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread