Destiny Beta: Wot I think (Destiny)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Monday, July 21, 2014, 15:38 (3539 days ago) @ Yapok

The weapons level so fast I don't consider that a grind. Also, blasting fallen in the face is a blast, even on the same 4 story missions and single strike which I completed several times each. I like the gun gameplay, it causes you to equip a gun and give it a good run, without it being too much. I could tell pretty quick which guns I liked and didn't like, but was sometimes pleasantly surprised over time.

I didn't feel like the game was too grindy. I think it might feel more so in the Beta because we only have a tiny percentage of the content. Running that strike 10 times, stuck at Level 8... well, it does feel grindy if you are just trying to get a single Shingen-C rare drop. But if I have 10 strikes and 25 story missions to play through and each has a chance to drop great gear, I won't even feel the grind. I'll be having a blast, getting rare loot (by probability), getting unique loot (because diff strikes/bosses will drop diff loot), getting rare, legendary, and exotic loot (because we only have common and uncommon available in Beta), leveling my new guns, having the ability to be choosy (my gun choices changed frequently until level 8 cap was hit) because there won't be a level cap. It will feel good I suspect when we get to run full to 20, and then even higher as we level our other subclasses.

By late-game, I suspect there will be several options for high level play (either really difficult strikes, story bosses, or raids) - where you won't grind, but the loot will be directed and streamlined because the challenge will be so high.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread